Painting the interior of your home can give it new life and increase the value!
But it might seem like a daunting task to do the lot, with a little planning, preparation and a little help from the experts - you can do it!
We’ll help you get the job done right the first time. Here are some tips!
- Begin by determining the colour scheme that will be used. Remember to consider colours you’ve selected for surrounding rooms and spaces before determining the colour palette for walls, doors, trims and ceilings.
- Use our paint calculator to help determine the quantity of each type of paint you'll need. As a guide, most interior paints 4m2/L.
- Open any windows in the room to improve ventilation and drying time.
- You may choose to tackle your project by painting one room at a time or by type of paint. Either way, be sure to prepare all walls before painting.
- Place drop cloths on floors and on any furnishings that can’t be removed from the room.
- Apply painter’s masking tape to fittings and any trim edges which may be fiddly and difficult to paint around.
- When painting any room, we always recommend painting from top down.
- Start with painting the ceilings.
- Move onto painting the walls next
- Once these are completely dry, paint the doors, trims and window frames.
- Allow adequate drying time for all surfaces between coats.
- It’s time for the fun part to begin! Add your furnishings, unleash your creative flair & enjoy your new space!
Wattyl ID - Interior Design
Wattyl Interior Design i.d Advanced with ‘Total Clean Technology’ creates a highly durable, mould and bacteria resistant interior wall finish for areas which are most demanding.
New Look Interior
New look interior low sheen and satin is kid tough, washable wall paint. It’s low VOC, low odour and gentle on the senses so you can re-occupy your room sooner.
For living areas and bedrooms a low sheen is perfect. Our kid tough formula means marks just wipe away. For wet areas like bathrooms and kitchens a satin is ideal. It withstands the moist surroundings and is scrubbable.
Haymes has a range of interior products to suit every interior paint project.